SQL SERVER/ODBC - Optional Feature Not implemented

I have a delphi 5 desktop application Using ADO components to connect to

MS-SQL server 7..

When I attempt to insert a record into a table using an ADO sql
component,
I always get a message from ODBC saying 'Optional feature not
implemented'.
Can anybody tell me what this means and what changes I need to make in
order to get my sql to work?.

Note: When I use a table component with the 'insertrecord' command, it
works fine.
Can anybody please help thanks.

Bill.

Re:SQL SERVER/ODBC - Optional Feature Not implemented

Are you sure the message is coming back from ODBC? If it is then you are
using the OLE DB Driver for ODBC(MSDASQL), try the OLE DB Driver for SQL
Server (SQLOLEDB).

-Euan

"Bill Platt" <bpl...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> I have a delphi 5 desktop application Using ADO components to connect to

> MS-SQL server 7..

> When I attempt to insert a record into a table using an ADO sql
> component,
> I always get a message from ODBC saying 'Optional feature not
> implemented'.
> Can anybody tell me what this means and what changes I need to make in
> order to get my sql to work?.

> Note: When I use a table component with the 'insertrecord' command, it
> works fine.

> Can anybody please help thanks.

> Bill.

Other Threads