how to create a new interbase-user with delphi

Please help us,

we write a delphi (5 c/s) program which shall be able to create and
delete the users of out interbase server.
We could't find any code about this. Is it possible? And how?

We use IB 6.01 Open Source and Delphi 5 C/S.

Thanks in advance for quick help.

Re:how to create a new interbase-user with delphi

We simply wrote a wrapper around the gsec command line utility using the
CreateProcess call from Delphi.  The syntax for gsec is as follows (See
OpGuide.pdf on usage of gsec command line):

Add a user:
  gsec -add <newusername> -pw <newpassword> -user "sysdba" -password
"masterkey";
Delete a user:
  gsec -delete <newusername> -user "sysdba" -password "masterkey";

Note: -add and -pw are used to specify the new user/password being added
whereas -user and -password specify an existing user who has rights to add
new ones (i.e. superuser).

hope that helps,
Paul J. Mills

In article <3BD814D8.3090...@labitzke.de>, Thomas Schr?der wrote:
> Please help us,

> we write a delphi (5 c/s) program which shall be able to create and
> delete the users of out interbase server.
> We could't find any code about this. Is it possible? And how?

> We use IB 6.01 Open Source and Delphi 5 C/S.

> Thanks in advance for quick help.

Check out :

http://www.mers.com/INTERBASEUSERS.HTML

You can download the Delphi encryption stuff from the downloads area of
the same site.

Robert Schieck (TeamB)
MER Systems Inc.
Inprise/Borland/InterBase Search Engine
http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Re:how to create a new interbase-user with delphi

Use the IBSecurity component from the InterBase Admin page of the component
palette.

--
Bill