Package installation problem (not a design time package)

I have a 3rd party Delphi package, with source, that I am trying to install.
I open and compile the DPK file and it compiles fine.  When I try to install
I get a "Package [package name] can't be installed because it is not a
design time package."  What do I need to do to the source to get it to
install? (Delphi 6 personal)

thx

Re:Package installation problem (not a design time package)

Is this package for a component or for an IDE add on.

IDE add on's do not need to be installed just compiled.

If it is a component there should be a design time package as well as the
one you are trying to install. The design time one installs with the install
button after you have compiled the other one.

"Robert Oschler" <Osch...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I have a 3rd party Delphi package, with source, that I am trying to
install.
> I open and compile the DPK file and it compiles fine.  When I try to
install
> I get a "Package [package name] can't be installed because it is not a
> design time package."  What do I need to do to the source to get it to
> install? (Delphi 6 personal)

> thx

Other Threads