Help - 16bit BDE problem in terminal server 2000

hi everyone,

I am trying to install the an application to a terminal server, the BDE
version is 2.52 and the application resides on the users h:\ drive, along
with the work files (local tables for reports), however whenever there is
more than one person logged in the second person to try to log in get a "An
error occured while attempting to initialise the BDE ($2B05)"...

I have tried everything, please help...

tmr.

Re:Help - 16bit BDE problem in terminal server 2000

>> terminal server, the BDE version is 2.52, more than one person logged

in the second person gets BDE ($2B05)

$2B05 is "Permission Denied".  You most likely have some file or files
that are being opened in exclusive access by the 1st user and the 2nd
user can't open it.  You might try setting the bde files read only (or
shareable of you are on a NetWare network).  I'd also look into where
the PDOXUSRS.NET file is being created.

HTH,
David R.

Re:Help - 16bit BDE problem in terminal server 2000

Hi, thanks for your help, when you say BDE file, i am assuming you are
referring to the IDAPI folder & the netfile location.  Is that correct?

Thanks & Best Regards,

tmr.

"David R. Robinson" <ibinst...@nospam.mail.com> wrote in message

> >> terminal server, the BDE version is 2.52, more than one person logged
> in the second person gets BDE ($2B05)

> $2B05 is "Permission Denied".  You most likely have some file or files
> that are being opened in exclusive access by the 1st user and the 2nd
> user can't open it.  You might try setting the bde files read only (or
> shareable of you are on a NetWare network).  I'd also look into where
> the PDOXUSRS.NET file is being created.

> HTH,
> David R.

Re:Help - 16bit BDE problem in terminal server 2000

Make sure each user gets there own private directory.
"Terry Robinson" <trobin...@tracersystems.co.uk> wrote in message

> hi everyone,

> I am trying to install the an application to a terminal server, the BDE
> version is 2.52 and the application resides on the users h:\ drive, along
> with the work files (local tables for reports), however whenever there is
> more than one person logged in the second person to try to log in get a
"An
> error occured while attempting to initialise the BDE ($2B05)"...

> I have tried everything, please help...

> tmr.

Re:Help - 16bit BDE problem in terminal server 2000

>> when you say BDE files, i am assuming you are referring to the IDAPI

folder & the netfile location.  Is that correct?

Yes.

David R.

Other Threads