HELP TO FIND BEST DATABASE

Hello,

Can somebody help me to make a choice for my database...

I have to develop a software who going to be fast in windows (not with a pentium 133 but more with a 486-66).
It will be a database with more then 30 files or tables, the big one or going to be over 45 000 records and
over 1 000 000 attachs. I have to access those very fast. 98% of my client work with Novell Network 2.2 and
3.12 and Personnal Netware. I have to design 16 bits and 32 bits. The database or software have to cost not to
much.

I have the choice between Visual Basic 4.0, Foxpro, Access, C++, Delphi, Visual C, Paradox, Dbase 5.5...

WITH ONE IS THE BEST AND WHY ?????

Thanks to everyone...

--
-- Jean-Philippe Dumas