Using Interbase arrays

I would really like to use Interbase arrays as supported in the SQL version.

However, Borland says that their current BDE doesn't support Interbase arrays.

Is there anyone out there that use Interbase arrays in a Delphi app?  If so,
how did you do it.  I would greatly appreciate some help...

Re:Using Interbase arrays

Homer,

You can use arrays with the BDE.  They are just not FULLY supported.
You just need to use passthrough SQL.

For example:

Select ArrayCol[1], ArrayCol[2] ... from Mytable

Good luck,

Mike Destein
Product Mgr.,
BDE/SQL Links
Borland Int'l

Mike Destein <mdest...@corp.borland.com> wrote:
>You can use arrays with the BDE.  They are just not FULLY supported.
>You just need to use passthrough SQL.
>> I would really like to use Interbase arrays as supported in the SQL version.

>> However, Borland says that their current BDE doesn't support Interbase arrays.

>> Is there anyone out there that use Interbase arrays in a Delphi app?  If so,
>> how did you do it.  I would greatly appreciate some help...

I haven't followed this thread, so I don't know if anybody else has
suggested this:

Check out "Dunstan Thomas' InterBase Page" at
http://www.demon.co.uk/dtuk/dtinterbaselinks.html

At the bottom of the page you'll find: "Read only array component..
probably needs some work, but I am assured it works"

Share and Enjoy!

|  Anders Bo Melander    | Phone: (+45) 31 87 91 26   |
|  Finsensvej 79, 2. tv. | mailto:a...@biocat.ruc.dk  |
|  DK-2000 Frederiksberg | work: a...@lrsoftware.dk    |
|  Denmark               | flameto:bi...@microsoft.com|
| http://ftp.frontier.dk/public/Delphi2/tbedit01.html |