Getting the record number

I used to know this function, but I`ve forgot it! Does anybody knows how to
determine the current number of a record?

Re:Getting the record number

In article <01bca4af$18fd0b40$1ec3f7c2@Gajo>,
  "gajo" <g...@eunet.yu> wrote:

> I used to know this function, but I`ve forgot it! Does anybody knows how to
> determine the current number of a record?

The function name is RecNo, but sometimes (on some queries for example)
you will get always -1. If you are using D3 you can check the IsSequenced
property - is it is False RecNo will return always -1.

Just be warned RecNo may return REALLY STRANGE results on a table in
CachedUpdates mode, which is filtered and has a MasterTable (all of
this).......

Refer to the online help for more information.

Enjoy,
NS

Re:Getting the record number

I think that if you have all the filtering and master sources you will get
strange results - true.

I found that if I have two table - the actual table - unfiltered, and the
one I am interested in, I can use gotocurrent? method to line up the
vanilla table with the choc(sic) table then get the recno out of the
vanilla table.

This give the absolute record number but not the "Dynaset" record number
(apologies to VB - no way).

David

gajo <g...@eunet.yu> wrote in article <01bca4af$18fd0b40$1ec3f7c2@Gajo>...

> I used to know this function, but I`ve forgot it! Does anybody knows how
> determine the current number of a record?

Other Threads