can not figure out "form execution"

I have programed in pascal for quite some time, even turbo 1.5 for
windows.

This is my first experience with delphi in any form. (and it is 16 bit
included with 2.0, does need to run under win3.1 and 95)

I have an application which needs to be ported to delphi (automated
terminal program).

I have tried several serial components all with much the same result.

the first string goes to the modem, the result never gets into my
check string, the program errors out.  If I set up my little test
routine in any of the demo programs included with the components as
soon as my test routine errors out the "terminal" program included in
the demo shows my initial command and it's result.  It now also gets
loaded into my check string which has of course errord out thinking it
got no response.

someplace between "write this code" (translation the good old days)
and "drag this component onto this form" (translation the stuff any 12
year old can do) I can not seem to get this program to execute in
order.

I would appreciate any pointers to books, web sites, etc. or actual
code, a way to "just write code" without all of the fancy forms,
objects, etc.

THANKS in advance!

Allow your children the oppurtunity to grow up without government intervention. POLICE THEM YOUR SELF!
KEEP the internet FREE from censorship.

W. A. Blaylock
Comfortable Software
http://www.xmission.com/~wblalok
wbla...@xmission.com
p.o. box 526092 Salt Lake, UT 84152
(801)482-2410

Re:can not figure out "form execution"

> I have tried several serial components all with much the same result.

> the first string goes to the modem, the result never gets into my
> check string, the program errors out.  If I set up my little test
> routine in any of the demo programs included with the components as
> soon as my test routine errors out the "terminal" program included in
> the demo shows my initial command and it's result.  It now also gets
> loaded into my check string which has of course errord out thinking it
> got no response.

Windows communication can be a pain.  If you plan on making any money
on this, (or you aren't as poor as I am) save yourself a real headache and
get TurboPower's excellent communications component set for Delphi.

--
Eric Lawrence

Other Threads