Dephi 3 (p/e) access to Personal oracle 8 using oracle ODBC

Does Delphi 3 support Oracle ODBC driver version 8.0?
I have created an Alias with the Oracle drive and have successfully
connected to Personal Oracle in Database Explorer. But when I chick the
alias table object, I get an illegal operation (page fault in KERRNEL32.DLL)
error. Same thing happens within Delphi object inspector, I can connect my
Tdatabase object to oracle, but when I click the Ttable table name property,
it displays the same error.

I have the following installed in my machine:
Delphi 3 professional
Microsoft ODBC Manager version 3.50.36.9
Oracle ODBC driver version 8.0.3.0.2
Personal Oracle 8 (installed on the same machine)
BDE version 4.0.1.16
Database Explorer version 3.00

Re:Dephi 3 (p/e) access to Personal oracle 8 using oracle ODBC

Luanne Liang <lli...@rsis.com> wrote in article
<6sjtsq$fq...@forums.borland.com>...

> Does Delphi 3 support Oracle ODBC driver version 8.0?
<snip>
> BDE version 4.0.1.16

Try upgrading the BDE to version 5. It is supposed to have full support for
Oracle V8. The update is available from
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeupdate.html

        -- Kirk

Re:Dephi 3 (p/e) access to Personal oracle 8 using oracle ODBC

ODBC ?? Try to use the native driver ...

To use D3 with Oracle 8.0 (I use with Personal Oracle 8)

1) Download BDE 5.0 (You must)

2) Config your BDE :

DLL32 = SQLORA32.DLL
VENDOR INIT = ORA804.DLL (Don't use OCI.DLL)
NET PROTOCOL = TNS (Don't uses TCP/IP)
SCHEMA CACHE DIR = 'C:\TEMP' or other
SCHEMA CACHE DIR = 256
SQLQRYMODE = SERVER
SERVER NAME = DESENV.WORLD (Connect string to Oracle)

Jucimar Junior (FUCAPI)

Re:Dephi 3 (p/e) access to Personal oracle 8 using oracle ODBC

D3 Professional does not include a license for SQL Links.
Jucimar Junior wrote in message <6snefs$jg...@forums.borland.com>...
>ODBC ?? Try to use the native driver ...

Other Threads