Paradox databases

I have two simple questions.

Question 1.
Is there any Unit available for repairing Paradox/Dbase files that I can
incorporate into my programs

Question 2.
How can I create local Aliases at runtime for a program so that the user
does not have to create any Aliases in BDE-config?

I would be very happy if anyone could answer my questions.

Morten.Stubbe...@apptech.no

Re:Paradox databases

Morten Stubberud <mstub...@apptech.no> wrote:
>I have two simple questions.
>Question 1.
>Is there any Unit available for repairing Paradox/Dbase files that I can
>incorporate into my programs

There is a DLL called TUtility that is, I think, freely available from
all kinds of places including the Delphi SuperPage.  This utility is
included with Paradox for Windows, but for some reason only known to a
few bonehead marketers at Borland is not included with the Database
Desktop or Delphi.  I've also seen some components that use this
TUtility and a recent article in Paradox Informant may point the way
to rolling your own component, if you are so inclined.

>Question 2.
>How can I create local Aliases at runtime for a program so that the user
>does not have to create any Aliases in BDE-config?

There are quite a few freeware/shareware components available on the
Delphi SuperPage that can do this.

>I would be very happy if anyone could answer my questions.
>Morten.Stubbe...@apptech.no

ttfn

John

Other Threads