Accessing custom hardware in Delphi 1

Hi.

I'm making a piece of hardware and I want to write a program which can
access it, using Delphi 1. It is accessed by writing to its base
address. I can do it in BASIC, with the OUT command, but I can't find
a way of doing it in Delphi.

All help is much appreciated.

--
Nick Venn
N...@vennp.demon.co.uk

Re:Accessing custom hardware in Delphi 1

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 22:14:37 GMT, N...@vennp.demon.co.uk (Nick Venn)
wrote:

>I'm making a piece of hardware and I want to write a program which can
>access it, using Delphi 1. It is accessed by writing to its base
>address. I can do it in BASIC, with the OUT command, but I can't find
>a way of doing it in Delphi.

Nick,

look Delphi Super Page for freeware TVicHW16.

Regards,
Victor Ishikeev

Re:Accessing custom hardware in Delphi 1

>On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 22:14:37 GMT, N...@vennp.demon.co.uk (Nick Venn)
>wrote:
>>I'm making a piece of hardware and I want to write a program which can
>>access it, using Delphi 1. It is accessed by writing to its base
>>address. I can do it in BASIC, with the OUT command, but I can't find
>>a way of doing it in Delphi.

You use the Ports[] array. As an example, to read from port $3F8...

  InChr := Ports[$3F8];

... and to write to it ...

  Ports[$3F8] := OutChr;

One word of warning. This is not supported in 32-bit Winblows under D2 or
D3.

--
Luke Webber

* Note: The opinions expressed by Luke Webber are in no way supported *
*       by his employers, Luke Webber Consulting Services             *

Other Threads