Help: De{*word*81} Kernel Error Code 1 and Code 3

Perhaps anyone can help me with these two Error-Messages, Borland
couldn't and advised me to reinstall Windows/Delphi 2.0. <lol>

Here's the problem:

I got the De{*word*81}-Kernel Error Code 1. My program compiles, but does not
start. After the error occurred, the compiler was not always able to detect
Source-Code-Changes, so that the code is _not_ compiled again, when you
try to run the program after having changed it.
My  program runs until I try to use a function from a DLL I wrote.

In another project, I tried to make run, I found the same error.
In this program however, I do not use a self-written DLL.

In addition to this I find, that in Single-Step-Mode I often get the
De{*word*81}-Kernel Error Code 3, which can be prevented, if I clear
the list of watches.

--
Thomas Wailersbacher,
106042....@compuserve.com

Re:Help: De{*word*81} Kernel Error Code 1 and Code 3

106042.312 wrote:

>Perhaps anyone can help me with these two Error-Messages, Borland
>couldn't and advised me to reinstall Windows/Delphi 2.0. <lol>

>Here's the problem:

>I got the De{*word*81}-Kernel Error Code 1. My program compiles, but does not
>start. After the error occurred, the compiler was not always able to detect

>Source-Code-Changes, so that the code is _not_ compiled again, when you
>try to run the program after having changed it.
>My  program runs until I try to use a function from a DLL I wrote.

>In another project, I tried to make run, I found the same error.
>In this program however, I do not use a self-written DLL.

>In addition to this I find, that in Single-Step-Mode I often get the
>De{*word*81}-Kernel Error Code 3, which can be prevented, if I clear
>the list of watches.

Kernel 1 is letting you know that for some reason the DLL didn't load.
You're in the 32 bit world now and your wrapper for the dll is case
sensitive if you use the name to access the DLL instead of the index
number. That one bit me initially. Use TDUMP to get the exact name of the
Exported functions.

Don't know about kernel 3 but I get it too.

--
Arnold Bailey - abai...@bix.com - abai...@webwrights.com
WebWrights - Web Services, Web Pages and Web Site Management

<106042....@compuserve.com> wrote:
>Perhaps anyone can help me with these two Error-Messages, Borland
>couldn't and advised me to reinstall Windows/Delphi 2.0. <lol>
>Here's the problem:
>I got the De{*word*81}-Kernel Error Code 1. My program compiles, but does not
>start. After the error occurred, the compiler was not always able to detect
>Source-Code-Changes, so that the code is _not_ compiled again, when you
>--
>Thomas Wailersbacher,
>106042....@compuserve.com

May I join the club?

I have a similar problem. I didn't write a DLL mysef. I'm using Novlib
Library of Novell network functions.  The NOVLIB.DLL is in the PATH, a
precompiled unit containing all the Novlib functions is in DELPHI\LIB
folder, and "Novlib" is in the 'uses' clause  in the interface
section. Just as The Novlib manual says. I'm namely trying to run
their demo program !!
And yet Delphi stubbornly refuses to run it with the De{*word*81} Kernel
Error 1.

Where is the secret? Could somebody explain it?

TIA,
Primoz.

Re:Help: De{*word*81} Kernel Error Code 1 and Code 3

I;m not quite sure what error code 3 means, but someone told me that it WILL
happens when you are stepping through the program too fast (when you are
debugging). Especially when you got TONS of watches and you keep stepping
before Delphi coould evalute alll the watches.

Hope this help.

Moko

--

----------------
 Mo Ko

Primoz Bradac wrote:

> <106042....@compuserve.com> wrote:

> >Perhaps anyone can help me with these two Error-Messages, Borland
> >couldn't and advised me to reinstall Windows/Delphi 2.0. <lol>

> >Here's the problem:

> >I got the De{*word*81}-Kernel Error Code 1. My program compiles, but does not
> >start. After the error occurred, the compiler was not always able to detect
> >Source-Code-Changes, so that the code is _not_ compiled again, when you

> >--
> >Thomas Wailersbacher,
> >106042....@compuserve.com

> May I join the club?

> I have a similar problem. I didn't write a DLL mysef. I'm using Novlib
> Library of Novell network functions.  The NOVLIB.DLL is in the PATH, a
> precompiled unit containing all the Novlib functions is in DELPHI\LIB
> folder, and "Novlib" is in the 'uses' clause  in the interface
> section. Just as The Novlib manual says. I'm namely trying to run
> their demo program !!
> And yet Delphi stubbornly refuses to run it with the De{*word*81} Kernel
> Error 1.

> Where is the secret? Could somebody explain it?

> TIA,
> Primoz.

Hi there,

I've got the same problem too. I've tried to implement a Dll written in
C++ and got the same De{*word*81} Kernel Error Code 1.
I've figured out, that

1. the error occurs, when the Dll is 16-Bit and I used delphi 32-bit

2. the function header in delphi doesn't match the C++ header in the DLL

maybe that helps

Patrick

Re:Help: De{*word*81} Kernel Error Code 1 and Code 3

> > >I got the De{*word*81}-Kernel Error Code 1. My program compiles, but does
not
> > >start. After the error occurred, the compiler was not always able to
detect
> > >Source-Code-Changes, so that the code is _not_ compiled again, when
you

> > I have a similar problem. I didn't write a DLL mysef. I'm using Novlib
> > Library of Novell network functions.  The NOVLIB.DLL is in the PATH, a
> > precompiled unit containing all the Novlib functions is in DELPHI\LIB
> > folder, and "Novlib" is in the 'uses' clause  in the interface
> > section. Just as The Novlib manual says. I'm namely trying to run
> > their demo program !!
> > And yet Delphi stubbornly refuses to run it with the De{*word*81} Kernel
> > Error 1.

> > Where is the secret? Could somebody explain it?

> I've got the same problem too. I've tried to implement a Dll written in
> C++ and got the same De{*word*81} Kernel Error Code 1.
> I've figured out, that

> 1. the error occurs, when the Dll is 16-Bit and I used delphi 32-bit

> 2. the function header in delphi doesn't match the C++ header in the DLL

I have also encountered this error - but not under the same
circumstances...
I have been using D2 under NT3.51 and Win95 for quite some time, and it
has
worked great (on a DEC Celebris XL5100, and a GL5100).  I did not
encounter
the 'De{*word*81} Kernel Error 1' until I decided to load the NT4 beta 2 OS.
Now, I
get the error one out of every four compiles.  It seems to be very likely
produce the error if the current control selected on a form is a component
(i.e.
not the form itself)... however, if I simply click on the form itself just
prior to
compiling, everything is hunky-dorey.  PRETTY WEIRD!

Another problem I have noticed with running D2 under NT4b2, is that
whenever
I click on another app, other than delphi, then click back in my source
window,
Delphi thinks that the file has changed, and asks me if it should reload
it.

I guess that's what I get for running a beta OS.

Other Threads