TIdPOP3 email download progress/status, Indy 9.0

Hi

  Just trying to figure how all the onwork stuff works and I can not make
head or tail of it and I have looked and Indy example programs but they do
not use the onwork events.

I am currently initialise a progress bar onworkbegin and setting the max
value the AWorkCountMax.
 And onwork I am incrementing the progress by AWorkCount, then reset the
prgress bar on onworkend.  This is how I see it working but for some reason
AWorkCountMax is always returned as 0 which is of no help as progress bars
need a value to work to and the AWorkCount increments in huge chunks of
numbers is this because the progress is based on the no. of bytes there is
for the mail.

I am testing this with a 28mb attachment on an email so that I can give me
users a True progress of the amount of time it is going to take for the
email to be retreived.

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Inferno
(Lee.Bamb...@Jalco.co.uk)

Re:TIdPOP3 email download progress/status, Indy 9.0

"Inferno" <Lee.Bamb...@Jalco.co.uk> wrote in news:3b83789c_2@dnews:

> prgress bar on onworkend.  This is how I see it working but for some reason
> AWorkCountMax is always returned as 0 which is of no help as progress bars

Check the help on this one. AWorkCountMax is 0 when the size is unknown.
Instead you can displaly the number of bytes.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia

Re:TIdPOP3 email download progress/status, Indy 9.0

I take it AWorkCount is the no of bytes it is retreiving then.

Lee

"Inferno" <Lee.Bamb...@Jalco.co.uk> wrote in news:3b84bd97_1@dnews:

> I take it AWorkCount is the no of bytes it is retreiving then.

Its the current progress. Again, see the help.