Graphics over Window Title Bar - ?

I have seen a few applications lately including one from
http://support.dell.com/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=962&libid=14
that appear to have graphics over the title bar for the X and Minimize
buttons.  How could I do this in Delphi?  I tried taking an image and moving
0 to the top property and it goes to the top of the screen, just below the
title bar.  I also tried a number like -5 and it appears the same way, only
smaller.

Thanks,
--
Michael Akin

Re:Graphics over Window Title Bar - ?

There's a TWidget component (I think it's called that) on the Delphi
Super Page that works just fine.  If you can't find it, e-mail me
privately and I'll get the URL for you.

Jim Stanley
Jacobs Engineering

Mike Akin wrote in message <6tj4ub$n...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have seen a few applications lately including one from
>http://support.dell.com/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=962&libid=14
>that appear to have graphics over the title bar for the X and Minimize
>buttons.  How could I do this in Delphi?  I tried taking an image and moving

Try Inprise's "Draw on Frame" (Q&A 799)
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/799.html

efg
efg's Computer Lab:  http://infomaster.net/external/efg

Earl F. Glynn                 E-Mail:  EarlGl...@att.net
Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:Graphics over Window Title Bar - ?

Read the Win32 API documentation for WM_NCPaint.  To draw on the title bar,
you need to respond to nonclient paint messages.

-Danny

Mike Akin <a...@theshop.netNOSPAM> wrote in article
<6tj4ub$n...@forums.borland.com>...

> I have seen a few applications lately including one from
> http://support.dell.com/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=962&libid=14
> that appear to have graphics over the title bar for the X and Minimize
> buttons.  How could I do this in Delphi?  I tried taking an image and
moving
> 0 to the top property and it goes to the top of the screen, just below
the
> title bar.  I also tried a number like -5 and it appears the same way,
only
> smaller.

> Thanks,
> --