Delphi 6, and TQuery sooo slooooowww

Hi there,

I am porting a D4-project to D6. But under D6 my db-queries are soo slow.
(?)
Under D4 there was no problem with speed, but now....it is about 100 times
slower.
I am running on the same system configuration (cpu, bde, mssql) as before,
the only thing that have changed is the delphi version.

My queries all look someting like this:

query.first;
while not query.eof do
Begin
   .f := query.fieldvalues['sdfsdf']
  query.next;
End;

Am i the only one with this problem?, or does anyone have a solution?

Re:Delphi 6, and TQuery sooo slooooowww

If you are using a client-side cursor try using a server-side.  I read a
bugreport that mentioned this is a known issue (the object calls
Recordset.AbsolutePosition too often).

"dsdss" <dss...@ddp.dk> wrote in message

> Hi there,

> I am porting a D4-project to D6. But under D6 my db-queries are soo slow.
> (?)
> Under D4 there was no problem with speed, but now....it is about 100 times
> slower.
> I am running on the same system configuration (cpu, bde, mssql) as before,
> the only thing that have changed is the delphi version.

> My queries all look someting like this:

> query.first;
> while not query.eof do
> Begin
>    .f := query.fieldvalues['sdfsdf']
>   query.next;
> End;

> Am i the only one with this problem?, or does anyone have a solution?

Other Threads