how to print detail band twice...QR

Hi. I'm using Quick Report 2, Delhpi 3

I want to create a check printing feature that prints the
detail of the invoices on the check stub and then again
on the check copy .  I have done this in a clipper program
but would like to do this using quick reports
----------
Detail of invoices (on check stub)
----------
Check Printed
----------
Detail of check (copy for file)

This would require a double detail band of some kind
but I'm so far at a loss how to do this...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

w.riddell

Re:how to print detail band twice...QR

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:20:57 -0800, "riddell"

<ridd...@christiworld.net> wrote:
>Hi. I'm using Quick Report 2, Delhpi 3

>I want to create a check printing feature that prints the
>detail of the invoices on the check stub and then again
>on the check copy .  I have done this in a clipper program
>but would like to do this using quick reports
>----------
>Detail of invoices (on check stub)
>----------
>Check Printed
>----------
>Detail of check (copy for file)

>This would require a double detail band of some kind
>but I'm so far at a loss how to do this...

>Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

>w.riddell

One way to do this is to use a child band and replicate some of the
fields in the child band. It's a clean way to link the bands and
repeat whatever you need repeated.

Steve F (Team B)

Re:how to print detail band twice...QR

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion,but I don't think it
will work.  I'm really stumped on this one.

Laser Form Checks have a detail section, check
section and then a repeat of the detail section

Quick reports:
---group header
---detail band
---child band
---group footer
the order that is forced.  What it would have to be is:

1. check detail - payroll deductions, totals etc
2. check summary -- pay to the order of, amount, date
3. repeat check detail above for printed records...

If I use the child band it follows immediately after detail band.
In the middle has to be the summary info.  I'm really at a stand
still here.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve Fischkoff (TeamB) wrote in message

<34c28d4f.1310...@forums.borland.com>...
>On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:20:57 -0800, "riddell"
><ridd...@christiworld.net> wrote:

>>Hi. I'm using Quick Report 2, Delhpi 3

>>I want to create a check printing feature that prints the
>>detail of the invoices on the check stub and then again
>>on the check copy .  I have done this in a clipper program
>>but would like to do this using quick reports
>>----------
>>Detail of invoices (on check stub)
>>----------
>>Check Printed
>>----------
>>Detail of check (copy for file)

>>This would require a double detail band of some kind
>>but I'm so far at a loss how to do this...

>>Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

>>w.riddell

>One way to do this is to use a child band and replicate some of the
>fields in the child band. It's a clean way to link the bands and
>repeat whatever you need repeated.

>Steve F (Team B)

Re:how to print detail band twice...QR

Maybe you can use a Subdetail band?

Erwin Buts

riddell heeft geschreven in bericht <69ue1h$h6...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hi. Thanks for the suggestion,but I don't think it
>will work.  I'm really stumped on this one.

>Laser Form Checks have a detail section, check
>section and then a repeat of the detail section

>Quick reports:
>---group header
>---detail band
>---child band
>---group footer
>the order that is forced.  What it would have to be is:

>1. check detail - payroll deductions, totals etc
>2. check summary -- pay to the order of, amount, date
>3. repeat check detail above for printed records...

>If I use the child band it follows immediately after detail band.
>In the middle has to be the summary info.  I'm really at a stand
>still here.  Thanks for any suggestions.

>Steve Fischkoff (TeamB) wrote in message

Other Threads