BDE Error - Table is busy!!!

How do I make sure a table is not busy before I try to access it again???  It
 runs fine the first time I use it buy when I try to access it later with
 another query or read I get "Table is busy" error.  I should have been freed
 long before the second call.

Peggy

Re:BDE Error - Table is busy!!!

Good luck..... I recently had some trouble with table busy errors in my app
and posted here but didn't get any help... Without seeing more of what
you're doing I can't offer any advice.  I also thought everything was closed
and the table was free to be worked on but apparently I was wrong.  The
solution I had to use was to explicity disconnect all the current tables,
querries, and databases (I over did it to make sure...) and create a new
TQuery object to perform the operation I was doing (Alter Table...)

Again, good luck

Max

PeggySCH wrote in message <19971102215401.QAA03...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...
>How do I make sure a table is not busy before I try to access it again???
It
> runs fine the first time I use it buy when I try to access it later with
> another query or read I get "Table is busy" error.  I should have been
freed
> long before the second call.

>Peggy

Re:BDE Error - Table is busy!!!

Use
Table.Close
in the FormDestroy event for all open tables in the form.

Heiko

PeggySCH <peggy...@aol.com> schrieb im Beitrag
<19971102215401.QAA03...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

> How do I make sure a table is not busy before I try to access it again???
 It
>  runs fine the first time I use it buy when I try to access it later with
>  another query or read I get "Table is busy" error.  I should have been
freed
>  long before the second call.

> Peggy

Re:BDE Error - Table is busy!!!

--------------B740C8D0C6D72FFF89053676

--------------99D5A40E72B99768D83608E3

Check and double check! What is the app, and how accessing it. I have found it is
impossibel to do a BatchMove, eg, if the Dest Table is even open, but not locked
open, in DBD! Confuzzling. But true.

Or, try using this component

modeind.zip  DBModeIndicator attaches to a TDataSource and responds to
OnActiveChange events

maybe from DSP?

--

--Andrew Ward       mailto:andr...@techie.com
   http://www.newcollege.unsw.edu.au/andreww

'A glove,' said Crash, in a terrible voicee.
Whoever heard of a serious musician with a glove?'
-Terry Pratchett, "Soul Music"

--------------99D5A40E72B99768D83608E3

<HTML>
Check and double check! What is the app, and how accessing it. I have found
it is impossibel to do a BatchMove, eg, if the Dest Table is even open,
but not locked open, in DBD! Confuzzling. But true.

<P>Or, try using this component

<P>modeind.zip&nbsp; DBModeIndicator attaches to a TDataSource and responds
to OnActiveChange events

<P>maybe from DSP?

<P>PeggySCH wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>How do I make sure a table is not busy before I try
to access it again???&nbsp; It
<BR>&nbsp;runs fine the first time I use it buy when I try to access it
later with
<BR>&nbsp;another query or read I get "Table is busy" error.&nbsp; I should
have been freed
<BR>&nbsp;long before the second call.

<P>Peggy</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--

<P>--Andrew Ward&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="mailto:andr...@techie.com">mailto:andr...@techie.com</A>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.newcollege.unsw.edu.au/andreww">http://www.newcollege.unsw.edu.au/andreww</A>

<P>'A glove,' said Crash, in a terrible voicee.
<BR>Whoever heard of a serious musician with a glove?'
<BR>-Terry Pratchett, "Soul Music"
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------99D5A40E72B99768D83608E3--

--------------B740C8D0C6D72FFF89053676

<encoded_portion_removed>
xwsAAGRibW9kZS5wYXNQSwUGAAAAAAMAAwCoAAAAmBIAAAAA
--------------B740C8D0C6D72FFF89053676--

Re:BDE Error - Table is busy!!!

Did you try using a TQuery object? Follow the open with Query1.FetchAll.

Alternately use an additional Database object on the same module/form

Arun Shah

:

> PeggySCH wrote in message
> <19971102215401.QAA03...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...
> >How do I make sure a table is not busy before I try to access it
> again???
> It
> > runs fine the first time I use it buy when I try to access it later
> with
> > another query or read I get "Table is busy" error.  I should have
> been
> freed
> > long before the second call.

> >Peggy