Decimal Places in a DBASE field

This pertains to D1 and D2 (it must also work in D1):

I am using the FieldDefs property of the TTable object to get some
information (at run time) about the structure of a DBASE table.  I've
been able to access field names, size, and data type using those
properties from the Items array.

What I need to be able to access is the DECIMALS (# of digits to rt.
of decimal point) attribute for each field in the DBASE tables.  The
Items array does not (to my knowledge anyway) have a Decimals
property.  Is there a way to get this info at run time?

TIA for any help.  I'd appreciate a copy of any postings via private
email (jke...@sirus.com or jke...@howmet.com)

Janna Kelly