High resolution graphic programming

Anyone know about <SUBJECT> ?
How do I program for 640x480x256 without BGIs or interrupts?
I know Mode X and all, I just need to know how to access high-res
without BGIs of interrupts.

Re:High resolution graphic programming

Rotem Meiri wrote:

> Anyone know about <SUBJECT> ?
> How do I program for 640x480x256 without BGIs or interrupts?
> I know Mode X and all, I just need to know how to access high-res
> without BGIs of interrupts.

Why without int's? I think it's a whole lot easier to use the VESA
standard. Just so simple, but effective.

- Asbj?rn

Re:High resolution graphic programming

> > Anyone know about <SUBJECT> ?
> > How do I program for 640x480x256 without BGIs or interrupts?
> > I know Mode X and all, I just need to know how to access high-res
> > without BGIs of interrupts.

640x480x 256 is not part of the Mode-X family. It is too large to qualify
for Mode-X. (you knew that)
The only way is by using VESA/SVGA interface.

But most 256c VESA modes can be Mode-Xed.
These modes could be faster than normal 256c modes. (blaze when bitbltting)
Simply unchain the chained like in Mode-X.

From Vinson ABS.

Rotem Meiri wrote:

> Anyone know about <SUBJECT> ?
> How do I program for 640x480x256 without BGIs or interrupts?
> I know Mode X and all, I just need to know how to access high-res
> without BGIs of interrupts.

At my homepage you'll find toolkits for
  640x400x256, 640x480x256, 640x480x65536 (no joke!) and more

bye
Ansgar

--
        tHE  -=# vIRTUAL tECHNOLOGIES GbR #=-  Homepage :
          http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~virtech/

Other Threads