Bad or Corrupted news article blowing up WinVN news reader

I tried to get the latest articles from this newsgroup on 11/6/96,
sometime around 3:30 pm CDT, and my copy of WinVN kept blowing up
at a certain point in the download.  By reducing the number of
articles to be downloaded, I narrowed the bad message down to
somewhere between #71000 and #71041.  I was getting the white box
telling me that WinVN had tried to perform an illegal operation,
and giving me a choice between closing it and ignoring it.  I'm
running under Windows 95.  I'd be interested in knowing what was in
the message.

John Morrison
jdm1i...@airmail.net