Does Delphi 32 support multitasking?

I read the fact sheet on Delphi 32 but there was any mention of its support for
multitasking. We're going to be developing an application which will have to
make use of multitasking. ScriptX and Java both have built in support for the
type of thing we'll be doing. Does Delphi 32 have anything?
--
Peter Steele
pe...@isisnet.com

Re:Does Delphi 32 support multitasking?

At a Borland Demo, they stated that it would support multi-threaded program
execution...  I assume that covers you.  Also, I have seen some demos that
sort things via threads.  So  I think you're covered!

Kirk Out

In article <1996Jan16.160723.7...@newton.ccs.tuns.ca>, stee...@dad.cs.tuns.ca
says...

>I read the fact sheet on Delphi 32 but there was any mention of its support
for
>multitasking. We're going to be developing an application which will have to
>make use of multitasking. ScriptX and Java both have built in support for the
>type of thing we'll be doing. Does Delphi 32 have anything?
>--
>Peter Steele
>pe...@isisnet.com

Kirk Wolak
KWo...@mail.cbf.com
//
// Const ViewsExpressed = "My own and not those of the company I work for!";
//
Look at the Delphi Knowledge Base for answers to your questions...
  http://www.teleport.com/~grump/delphi.htm

In article 7...@newton.ccs.tuns.ca, stee...@dad.cs.tuns.ca (Peter Steele) writes:

>I read the fact sheet on Delphi 32 but there was any mention of its support for
>multitasking. We're going to be developing an application which will have to
>make use of multitasking. ScriptX and Java both have built in support for the
>type of thing we'll be doing. Does Delphi 32 have anything?
>--
>Peter Steele
>pe...@isisnet.com

 Yes, Delphi32 will support Win32 Multi-threading....

 MAUS,

Re:Does Delphi 32 support multitasking?

        It goes without saying that a 32 bit app supports multitasking, and that
a compiler that can access all of the win api in a robust manner supports making
apps that can support threads and such.

        Delphi2 will have an object called TThread which you can descend from
and that makes threads easier.

--
Delphi and Paradox Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support

       Paradox Web Page: http://www.pagescape.com/fire/pdox/

          My words are my own, I don't speak for Borland.

In <1996Jan16.160723.7...@newton.ccs.tuns.ca>, stee...@dad.cs.tuns.ca (Peter Steele) writes:

>I read the fact sheet on Delphi 32 but there was any mention of its support for
>multitasking. We're going to be developing an application which will have to
>make use of multitasking. ScriptX and Java both have built in support for the
>type of thing we'll be doing. Does Delphi 32 have anything?
>--
>Peter Steele
>pe...@isisnet.com

Unlike it's 16 bit cousin where time slices where 'given up' and true
multithreading was not possible, any 32 bit app is automatically 'multitasking'
by nature in that the intel cpu in 32 bit protected mode can interrupt
code and jump to another thread based on the OS's control.

Someone could mess with hw and foul up anothe 32 bit task, don't get me
wrong, but basically you are safe as long as you don't go into machine
language and mess with non OS api calls.

The average program will never have to worry.

Burt

Other Threads