SQL Server and Delphi: START TRANSACTION vs maximum of transactions

Is there a maximum of transaction that can be sent to SQL Server after a START
TRANSACTION ?

Since we upgraded from SP2 to SP3 (and SP4) SQL Server comes up with an error
after a certain number of transactions have been posted. In general the error
says:

  'COULD NOT FIND ROW IN SYSINDEXES FOR DBID '2' OBJECT 1529420868 INDEX '-1'
 RUN DBCC CHECKTABLE ON SYSINDEXES'

At first we thought a table was corrupted and we ran DBCC Checktable on
SYSINDEXES and other tables. No problem were found. Then we started to make
several tests on the same type of transactions. Result : no matter what table
or data base, no matter what server on which we tried, SQL Server always
comes up with an error after the exact same number of transactions ...

Did we forget a switch, a parameter or is there really a limitation ?

Briefly the transaction consist in updating a sales invoice. It updates a
total of 7 tables. An invoice with 13 lines or less does not cause any
problem. An invoice with any combination of product lines or customer which
would have more than 13 rows causes the error.

Thanks in advance for help or any hint !