TUpdateSQL and Stored Procedures on SQL Server 6.5

Does anyone know if there is a way where I can call SQL Server 6.5
stored procedures from the TUpdateSQL Insert, Modify, and Delete
properties?  I have a ton of Stored Procedures already in the DB but I
need to use the TUpdateSQL due to the read only dataset thing.  I am
also looking into getting into a DCOM implementation.

Greg

Re:TUpdateSQL and Stored Procedures on SQL Server 6.5

I have the same problem. I only want to use Stored Procs.
I haven't solved it yet. But i think you should use OnUpdateRecord event
insted of TUpdateSql. TUpdateSql sems to use dynamic SQL and
i dont like that.

Greg Dameron skrev i meddelandet <35D84667.FEB93...@authentix.net>...

>Does anyone know if there is a way where I can call SQL Server 6.5
>stored procedures from the TUpdateSQL Insert, Modify, and Delete
>properties?  I have a ton of Stored Procedures already in the DB but I
>need to use the TUpdateSQL due to the read only dataset thing.  I am
>also looking into getting into a DCOM implementation.

>Greg

Re:TUpdateSQL and Stored Procedures on SQL Server 6.5

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:56:27, "Mikael Nilsson"

<mikael.nils...@infodata.sema.se> wrote:
> I have the same problem. I only want to use Stored Procs.
> I haven't solved it yet. But i think you should use OnUpdateRecord event
> insted of TUpdateSql. TUpdateSql sems to use dynamic SQL and
> i dont like that.

I think you will find that you can call stored procedures from
TUpdateSQL. You will have to write the code for each action yourself.

I think (as I have not tried it) the syntax is:
  execute procedure xyz

Simon Thompson
Christchurch
New Zealand

Greg Dameron wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way where I can call SQL Server 6.5
> stored procedures from the TUpdateSQL Insert, Modify, and Delete
> properties?  I have a ton of Stored Procedures already in the DB but I
> need to use the TUpdateSQL due to the read only dataset thing.  I am
> also looking into getting into a DCOM implementation.

> Greg

  I have the same problem with Sybase. What is the best method if you are
only using Stored Procs and you don't want to populate all your windows
controls manually (bad not RAD)?
Thanks,
Jim

Re:TUpdateSQL and Stored Procedures on SQL Server 6.5

Why not just replace the SQL text it generates via the editor (double
click on the UpdateSQL component) with the stored procedure you want to
use?  ie: exec sp_myproc :value1, :value2, :old_value3 ...
Greg Dameron wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way where I can call SQL Server 6.5
> stored procedures from the TUpdateSQL Insert, Modify, and Delete
> properties?  I have a ton of Stored Procedures already in the DB but I
> need to use the TUpdateSQL due to the read only dataset thing.  I am
> also looking into getting into a DCOM implementation.

> Greg

Re:TUpdateSQL and Stored Procedures on SQL Server 6.5

Why not use the TStoredProc component instead of TUpdateSQL?

Phil Cain

Jim Jackson <jackso...@ghc.ord> wrote:

>Greg Dameron wrote:

>> Does anyone know if there is a way where I can call SQL Server 6.5
>> stored procedures from the TUpdateSQL Insert, Modify, and Delete
>> properties?  I have a ton of Stored Procedures already in the DB but I
>> need to use the TUpdateSQL due to the read only dataset thing.  I am
>> also looking into getting into a DCOM implementation.

>> Greg

>  I have the same problem with Sybase. What is the best method if you are
>only using Stored Procs and you don't want to populate all your windows
>controls manually (bad not RAD)?
>Thanks,
>Jim

Other Threads