Reading from Outlook & Outlook Express

I'm asked to make an application which should do the following :

Make a connection to Outlook or Outlook Express (running or not).
See if there is a subfolder below the Inbox, named 'JoToPlan'.
If this folder does not exist, then  create that subfolder.
Then look through the inbox for emails with a subject equal to "--- JoToPlan
SubScription Form ---'.
If such a email is found, than read in the body segment of the email and
copy the email to the subfolder 'JoToPlan'.
The body has to appended to a standard ascii-file.
This has to done for every email in the inbox with the subject.
Then offcourse disconnect from Outlook or Outlook Express.

There should also be the option to move all the email in the subfolder
'JoToPlan' to
the 'Deleted Items' and then remove the subfolder.

I already know that I have to use the Simple MAPI for OE, but can I also use
this for
outlook ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance,

Arjan

Re:Reading from Outlook & Outlook Express

Yes, you can use Simple MAPI for both OE and Outlook, the only problem is you
cannot work with folders other than Inbox with Simple MAPI. Outlook will let you
work with any folder of your choice, use Outlook Object Model - see
http://www.slipstick.com for details.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"Arjan Broeke" <p...@catzoftware.nl> wrote in message

> I'm asked to make an application which should do the following :

> Make a connection to Outlook or Outlook Express (running or not).
> See if there is a subfolder below the Inbox, named 'JoToPlan'.
> If this folder does not exist, then  create that subfolder.
> Then look through the inbox for emails with a subject equal to "--- JoToPlan
> SubScription Form ---'.
> If such a email is found, than read in the body segment of the email and
> copy the email to the subfolder 'JoToPlan'.
> The body has to appended to a standard ascii-file.
> This has to done for every email in the inbox with the subject.
> Then offcourse disconnect from Outlook or Outlook Express.

> There should also be the option to move all the email in the subfolder
> 'JoToPlan' to
> the 'Deleted Items' and then remove the subfolder.

> I already know that I have to use the Simple MAPI for OE, but can I also use
> this for
> outlook ?

> Can anyone point me in the right direction.

> Thanks in Advance,

> Arjan

Other Threads