IDE field types vs. IB6 data type

Hi all,
I'm using D6/IB6
When I specify a new field (calculated) in CDS fields editor and select the type as 'DATE', which IB datatype does it resemble as
IB6's DATE field is similar to a DATETIME field created from IDE. Correct?

Thanks AntonE

Re:IDE field types vs. IB6 data type

> I'm using D6/IB6
> When I specify a new field (calculated) in CDS fields editor and select the

type as 'DATE', which IB datatype does it resemble as

> IB6's DATE field is similar to a DATETIME field created from IDE. Correct?

In dialect 1, a DATE holds both the date and the time.

In dialect 3, there's DATE to hold - a date!, TIME to hold time and TIMESTAMP to
hold both.

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase & Firebird
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

See you at the First European Firebird Conference in May in Fulda, Germany
http://www.firebird-conference.com

Re:IDE field types vs. IB6 data type

> In dialect 1, a DATE holds both the date and the time.
> In dialect 3, there's DATE to hold - a date!, TIME to hold time and TIMESTAMP to
> hold both.

O.K.
Thank you
AntonE