compatibility.

From: Ed Johnson

Re:interbase 7 windows 95 compatibility

Client side or server side?

Win9x can hardly be called a serious server environment.

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
http://www.upscene.com

Firebird Workbench - the developer tool for Firebird
http://www.upscene.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Ed Johnson" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if interbase 7 actually runs at all on windows 95 or not?
> Just wondered if the database does and they just dropped it from the list
> since maybe the new ibconsole does not work but I don't use ibconsole - I
> just third party admin apps anyways.Has anyone tried running interbase 7 on
> windows 95 at all? If it is true that it does not work on win95 that is
> another feature that firebird has over interbase 7 - windows 95
> compatibility.

> From: Ed Johnson

Re:interbase 7 windows 95 compatibility

You can try it but it is not supported and IB7 was not tested on
Win95. Any non-NT version of Windows is, IMHO, inappropriate for a
database server.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:interbase 7 windows 95 compatibility

> Client side or server side?
> Win9x can hardly be called a serious server environment.

Client side for database applications, and only local server for single-user
applications that are powered by a local interbase desktop engine. I just
want to know whether I can use this as a client for apps that I write or
not. I don't plan to have a real database server with multiple users running
on windows 95 but for single-user apps where interbase is basically
replacing paradox and the bde I'd like to know that I could still use
windows 95.

From: Ed Johnson

"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@upscene_remove.com> wrote:
> Client side or server side?
> Win9x can hardly be called a serious server environment.

Wintendo 95 as I've seen it called!

Paul...

--

plinehan__AT__yahoo__DOT__com