Convert Files into PDF format

Hello colleague,

Our Delhpi application stores a Word.doc into a Blob field (Interbase):

qryTableNameFieldName.LoadFromFile(OpenDialog.FileName);
UpdateTableName.Apply(ukInsert);

This is working OK!

But: How can I convert an Word.doc into a PDF format  in order to store the
the PDF file in the Blob field. (While the application is running)

So the Delphi application should be responsible for the convertion into PDF,
not the users!

Is this also possible with files like: Excel and text files?

Can you please help me with some sample source to realize this?

We thank you in advance,

Marcel Palmen
Junior software engineer.
The Netherlands

Re:Convert Files into PDF format

You have to use an Adobe Acrobat Distiller.
The Distiller comes with Adobe PageMaker.

Re:Convert Files into PDF format

The Distiller also comes with Acrobat but that may not solve the problem. He
could save the Word blob to a disk file, start Word via Automation and open
the document then print it to the Acrobat PDFWriter printer driver, however,
the PDFWriter printer driver is going to prompt for a file name for the
document and that will require user intervention.

--
Bill

Re:Convert Files into PDF format

I believe you can set the output file name by using an entry in a .ini file?
I may be mistaked, the last time I looked was a couple of years ago.

Obviously this would require constantly changing the ini file or renaming
then output file, but I'm fairly sure it can be done.

jb

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> The Distiller also comes with Acrobat but that may not solve the problem.
He
> could save the Word blob to a disk file, start Word via Automation and
open
> the document then print it to the Acrobat PDFWriter printer driver,
however,
> the PDFWriter printer driver is going to prompt for a file name for the
> document and that will require user intervention.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Other Threads