EDBEngineError Capability not supported

I have this exception raised but I can understand what it could depend on...
mostly for the messagge added which is:

File or directory does not exist.
File: C:\....\Priv0000\ _QSQL000.dbf
Table does not exist.

I am using sql with dbf files and to avoid the problem of  "Directory is
busy" I create each time a new directory, as in the messagge (Priv0000), and
set it to the PrivateDir property.  The table in question is a temporary sql
file created by bde... Can anyone advice on where the problem is?

Thanks

Marco

Re:EDBEngineError Capability not supported

Just as an idea - add small delay in a few seconds between folder creation
and query run. Maybe BDE use some cache and new folder is not "see"

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
EMail: mshkol...@scalabium.com

"Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2...@ukr.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Just as an idea - add small delay in a few seconds between folder creation
> and query run. Maybe BDE use some cache and new folder is not "see"

I create the dir in Datamodule create event, so no sql is running at that
time. I checked  the directory and exists...

thanks
marco

Re:EDBEngineError Capability not supported

I have reinstalled the bde and the problem was solved... I had already
checked the bde version it was right, but was installed by another
application... I am still wondering why of the problem....

In article <3e379...@newsgroups.borland.com>, m....@titol.it says...

> I have this exception raised but I can understand what it could depend on...
> mostly for the messagge added which is:

> File or directory does not exist.
> File: C:\....\Priv0000\ _QSQL000.dbf

These types of tables _QSQL*.dbf are created/used
temporarily by the BDE whenever a query is activated.

> Table does not exist.

It will be deleted by the BDE automatically after usage
of the query.
So perhaps the table has been deleted before it can be
accessed by your application.

--
Willi
... von den Baumwollfeldern der Rhoen

"Marco Cotroneo" <m....@titol.it> wrote in message

> I have reinstalled the bde and the problem was solved... I had already
> checked the bde version it was right, but was installed by another
> application... I am still wondering why of the problem....

> thanks
> Marco

Hi Marco,

I have seen this problem or similar before.
This was a real pain to find as the machine in question had multiple BDE
applications on it. However, I finally noticed that the problem usually
occurred if one particular application was installed first. That application
was installing the 16 Bit IDAPI (Version 2.50 not 2.52). If I hid this
version of IDAPI before installing the other applications, all was fine.

My conclusion in this particular case was that the idapi.cfg shipped with
the application/IDAPI 2.50 could not be successfully upgraded by the newer
version of the BDE. Upon examination the idapi.cfg file was not corrupt in
any way, it just caused an error message simliar to the one you have
described.

Leslie.

Other Threads