Redist BDE w Delphi 3

I could easily have missed something here but ...

I'm getting an error message indicating that there is a difference in
the version used for the BDE interface ( Delphi 3 ) and the BDE.  This
doesn't particularly surprise given that the redistribution disks on the
Delphi 3 CD are under Delphi 16 bit.

Is there a different redistribution setup for Delphi 3 and, if so, where
would it be on the CD ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Tom

Re:Redist BDE w Delphi 3

You redistribute the BDE by using InstallShield to create your install
program.

Jeff Overcash

In article <345792D5.4...@interlog.com>, t...@interlog.com wrote:
>I could easily have missed something here but ...

>I'm getting an error message indicating that there is a difference in
>the version used for the BDE interface ( Delphi 3 ) and the BDE.  This
>doesn't particularly surprise given that the redistribution disks on the
>Delphi 3 CD are under Delphi 16 bit.

>Is there a different redistribution setup for Delphi 3 and, if so, where
>would it be on the CD ?

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks,

>-- Tom

Re:Redist BDE w Delphi 3

As stated in D3's documentation, you need to use InstallShield to
redistribute the 32 bit BDE that works with D3. It's on the D3 Pro CD.
--

Alain Quesnel

If you reply by e-mail, remove the brackets on
each side of my reply-to address.

Tom Ratcliffe <t...@interlog.com> wrote in article
<345792D5.4...@interlog.com>...

> I could easily have missed something here but ...

> I'm getting an error message indicating that there is a difference in
> the version used for the BDE interface ( Delphi 3 ) and the BDE.  This
> doesn't particularly surprise given that the redistribution disks on the
> Delphi 3 CD are under Delphi 16 bit.

> Is there a different redistribution setup for Delphi 3 and, if so, where
> would it be on the CD ?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,

> -- Tom

Re:Redist BDE w Delphi 3

> As stated in D3's documentation, you need to use InstallShield to
> redistribute the 32 bit BDE that works with D3. It's on the D3 Pro CD.
> --

> Alain Quesnel

Or you can point your browser at : WWW.YOUSEFUL.COM
A very good product !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Kurt

Other Threads