TeeChart 4.0 Bug

There appears to be an alarming bug in TChart 4:

1.  Create an application with a chart
2.  Add one series (a line chart)
3.  Add a button to call the chart  editor (EditChart(Self,Chart1))
4. Add some points in the FormActivate method:
   Series1.Add(1,'Value1',clYellow);
   Series1.Add(2,'Value2',clBlue);
   Series1.Add(3,'Value3',clGreen);
5. Run the program and bring up the chart editor
6. Change the Line series to a Pie Series
7. Change the Group Slices Type to 'Below Value'.
8.Change the Group Slices Value to, for example, 2.

You get a recurring exception that locks up the application.

Since the exception happens in the editor form, I'm not sure how to
prevent it.

I have the source, but have not installed it - I hope TeeMach can come
up with a solution first.

Thanks,

Jim Gallagher
Zenia Software, Inc.

Re:TeeChart 4.0 Bug

Hi Jim
It might depend on your data. i cannot reproduce
with latest TeeChart Pro 4.0. Email me a small
test project.
Regards
David Berneda
supp...@teemach.com
www.teemach.com
Jim Gallagher wrote in message <35FF0859.48FC...@earthlink.net>...
>There appears to be an alarming bug in TChart 4:

>1.  Create an application with a chart
>2.  Add one series (a line chart)
>3.  Add a button to call the chart  editor (EditChart(Self,Chart1))
>4. Add some points in the FormActivate method:
>   Series1.Add(1,'Value1',clYellow);
>   Series1.Add(2,'Value2',clBlue);
>   Series1.Add(3,'Value3',clGreen);
>5. Run the program and bring up the chart editor
>6. Change the Line series to a Pie Series
>7. Change the Group Slices Type to 'Below Value'.
>8.Change the Group Slices Value to, for example, 2.

>You get a recurring exception that locks up the application.

>Since the exception happens in the editor form, I'm not sure how to
>prevent it.

>I have the source, but have not installed it - I hope TeeMach can come
>up with a solution first.

>Thanks,

>Jim Gallagher
>Zenia Software, Inc.