Multi-level Reports- Record Selection

I am currently writing a database system to control the issue and
maintenance of drawings, production routing and a number of other ancillary
specifications. The system is an expanded version of a simillar database
that I wrote using Paradox 5 a few years ago.

Two of the requirements from the database are:-
1/    To output an 'indented' drawing list i.e. a list of all drawings
required to make a product. This requires the gathering of all drawing
numbers required to create the assembly (level 1), then taking the resultant
list and searching again for the next set of drawing numbers (level 2) and
so on.
2/    To create an 'indented' and costed production route. The selection for
this being similar to the above but with the added complexity of multiplying
times, costs and quantities (and more databases) together.

Can anybody please offer a quick, compact (and preferably easy) method of
achieving the required results using Delphi.

The method I used with Paradox was long winded, slow but relatively easy
using a large number of QBE scripts.

As an adjoiner can anybody suggest a report tool that will handle the
resultant report sensibly. (ReportSmith appears not to offer the level of
control required)

Re:Multi-level Reports- Record Selection

Other Threads