Smaller Files

How is it possible to make smaller exe files ?
is it possible to make vcl with only the components I really needs for
my programs ?
and forget others ?

Thank You
Crashtest.

Re:Smaller Files

  Yes and no....  Because of the way visual programming works, each exe
needs to have a copy of the VCL compiled into the executable...  --  There
are two ways around this:  If you're using Delphi 3, turn on packages (this
compiles the info required for the VCL into seperate dll's that your exe can
use...)  --  Option #2 is to write your app. completely (and I mean
COMPLETELY) using nothing but the Win32API....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Crashtest wrote in message <3576D775.C8B12...@club-internet.fr>...
>How is it possible to make smaller exe files ?
>is it possible to make vcl with only the components I really needs for
>my programs ?
>and forget others ?

>Thank You
>Crashtest.

Re:Smaller Files

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998 13:06:23 -0700, "Jason Wallace"

<Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us> wrote:
>  Yes and no....  Because of the way visual programming works, each exe
>needs to have a copy of the VCL compiled into the executable...  --  There
>are two ways around this:  If you're using Delphi 3, turn on packages (this
>compiles the info required for the VCL into seperate dll's that your exe can
>use...)  --  Option #2 is to write your app. completely (and I mean
>COMPLETELY) using nothing but the Win32API....

Hm. Now that we've grown used to Delphi, that seems like almost as
much trouble as COPY CON MYFILE.EXE.

There are several programs that will decrease the size of your .exe by
as much as 60%. Have a look at www.blinkinc.com - they have a product
called Shrinker that's pretty good.

Other Threads