zLib for Delphi

It comes with Delphi 3!

-Ben Ziegler

Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen (lass...@online.no) wrote:
: Has anyone got a version of zLib for Delphi? I know there is a .OCX version,
: but it will only compress file-to-file. I need memory-to-memory also, which
: the C version of zLib is capable of. If anyone has a copy of it, knows of it,
: or know how to set up the .DEF file for the DLL which is possible with zLib,
: please let me know.

: Lasse

: ---------------------------
: Lasse V?gsther Karlsen
: lass...@online.no
: http://home.sol.no/lassevk/
: ---------------------------

Re:zLib for Delphi

Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen wrote:

> Has anyone got a version of zLib for Delphi? I know there is a .OCX version,
> but it will only compress file-to-file. I need memory-to-memory also, which
> the C version of zLib is capable of. If anyone has a copy of it, knows of it,
> or know how to set up the .DEF file for the DLL which is possible with zLib,
> please let me know.

> Lasse

> ---------------------------
> Lasse V?gsther Karlsen
> lass...@online.no
> http://home.sol.no/lassevk/
> ---------------------------

Lasse,

Zlib is included on the Delphi 3.0 CD. I have not played with it yet,
but it looks like the C version is included and also there is a zlib.dcu
and zlib.pas file.

There is a web page for zlib and I saw mention of components for Delphi.
Look in the comp.compression newsgroup for the address.

It still looks like it may be nice to see a working example of using
zlib from Delphi. I would also like to use it for compressing large memo
fields in my databases.

Austin

Re:zLib for Delphi

On Tue, 13 May 1997 10:07:35 GMT, lass...@online.no (Lasse V?gs?ther

Karlsen) wrote:
>Has anyone got a version of zLib for Delphi? I know there is a .OCX version,
>but it will only compress file-to-file. I need memory-to-memory also, which
>the C version of zLib is capable of. If anyone has a copy of it, knows of it,
>or know how to set up the .DEF file for the DLL which is possible with zLib,
>please let me know.

Others have pointed out that D3 (all versions) come with ZLIB. It's
really nice. The ZLIB unit declares two stream classes:
TCompressionStream and TDecompressionStream. Their names tell you what
they do. You can compress or decompress any other Delphi stream,
whether you are reading a BLOB, a file, or what-have-you. This is
another illustration of the power and utility of stream classes.
--
Ray Lischner
Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)

Re:zLib for Delphi

In article <33803cf0.63817...@news.proaxis.com>, n...@junk.mail (Ray Lischner) wrote:
>On Tue, 13 May 1997 10:07:35 GMT, lass...@online.no (Lasse V?gs?ther
>Karlsen) wrote:

>>Has anyone got a version of zLib for Delphi? I know there is a .OCX version,

>Others have pointed out that D3 (all versions) come with ZLIB. It's

That's all and well, but I don't have D3, and can't afford it either. I'm
looking for code that'll work with D2. I ask again. Does anyone know of such
code?

Lasse

Re:zLib for Delphi

In article <5li551$5v...@o.online.no>, lass...@online.no (Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen) wrote:

>In article <33803cf0.63817...@news.proaxis.com>, n...@junk.mail (Ray Lischner)
> wrote:
>>On Tue, 13 May 1997 10:07:35 GMT, lass...@online.no (Lasse V?gs?ther
>>Karlsen) wrote:

>>>Has anyone got a version of zLib for Delphi? I know there is a .OCX version,

>>Others have pointed out that D3 (all versions) come with ZLIB. It's

>That's all and well, but I don't have D3, and can't afford it either. I'm
>looking for code that'll work with D2. I ask again. Does anyone know of such
>code?

>Lasse

I got to check my email more often. Seems like I already got an answer from
someone that sent me a copy of a zlib.dll file (which had problems, btw) and a
zlib.pas file which was a complete working interface to zlib.dll, which was
exactly what I asked for.

If someone else requires this file, I'd be happy to pass it on. It included a
www address for the original source, but that one didn't work so I don't know
how available it is.

Lasse

Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen
lass...@online.no