Why not working in ASP COM DLL

Hi All,

I am pulling my hair out on this one and any pointer would be appreciated.

Trying to create a data connection and the following code would work in a
standard Win app

         oBDEQuery := TQuery.Create(nil);
        oBDEQuery.DatabaseName := 'C:\Working\Data';
        oBDEQuery.SQL.Clear;
        oBDEQuery.SQL.Add('select * from newdata.dbf');
        oBDEQuery.Open;

But if I use it in an ASP COM object, it complains

Project inetinfo.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message 'An
error occured while attemplting to initialize the Borland Datgabase Engine
(error $2B05)')

Regards,

Bud

Re:Why not working in ASP COM DLL

>Project inetinfo.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message 'An
>error occured while attemplting to initialize the Borland Datgabase Engine
>(error $2B05)')

This is some kind of a permission problem.  BDE probably does not have rights to
one of the directories it needs to use.  Remember you are running using the
privileges granted to the IIS user account
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Why not working in ASP COM DLL

Thanks. Would creating an alias solve the permission problem?

Regards,

Bud

> >Project inetinfo.exe raised exception class EDBEngineError with message
'An
> >error occured while attemplting to initialize the Borland Datgabase
Engine
> >(error $2B05)')

> This is some kind of a permission problem.  BDE probably does not have
rights to
> one of the directories it needs to use.  Remember you are running using
the
> privileges granted to the IIS user account
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Why not working in ASP COM DLL

> Would creating an alias solve the permission problem?

No
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com