access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll

Hi
   After changed dbExpress SQLTable1.active properties value to true, I get
an error "access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll". I can
connect mysql database by using SQLConnection component of dbExpress.
Are there anyone to help me to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Re:access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll

"Tufan" wrote:
>    After changed dbExpress SQLTable1.active properties value to true,
I get
> an error "access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll". I
can
> connect mysql database by using SQLConnection component of dbExpress.
> Are there anyone to help me to solve this problem?

Make sure you have Delphi 6 Update 2 installed and that your
dbxdrivers.ini points to dbexpmysql.dll for MySQL.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

"Dave Nottage \(TeamB\)" <d...@removethis.b3.com.au> wrote:

>"Tufan" wrote:
>>    After changed dbExpress SQLTable1.active properties value to true,
>I get
>> an error "access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll". I
>can
>> connect mysql database by using SQLConnection component of dbExpress.
>> Are there anyone to help me to solve this problem?

>Make sure you have Delphi 6 Update 2 installed and that your
>dbxdrivers.ini points to dbexpmysql.dll for MySQL.

>--
>Dave Nottage (TeamB)

I have patch 2 loaded and it still doesn't work. By the way, do you know that you can only use the first 10 fields of a table after a 'select *'???

Albert Drent

"albert drent" wrote:
> > Make sure you have Delphi 6 Update 2 installed and that your
> > dbxdrivers.ini points to dbexpmysql.dll for MySQL.

> I have patch 2 loaded and it still doesn't work.

Did you make sure that the MySQL entry in dbxdrivers is pointing to
dbexpmysql.dll (*not* dbexpmys.dll)?

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll

I did not loaded delphi update 2. Just I changed LibraryName properties of
SQLConnection component of dbexpress as dbexpmysql.dll,   its old value was
dbexpmys.dll.
     Now I can connect tables of mysql. But now a new error occured DBGrid
component. when I used it an error occured  "operation not allowed on a
unidirectional dataset"

"Dave Nottage (TeamB)" <d...@removethis.b3.com.au>, haber iletisinde tunlary
yazdy:3c99b03e_1@dnews...

"Tufan" wrote:
>      Now I can connect tables of mysql. But now a new error occured
DBGrid
> component. when I used it an error occured  "operation not allowed on
> unidirectional dataset"

You need to connect via a TDatasetProvider and a TClientDataset

ie:

TSQLConnection -> TSQLQuery -> TDatasetProvider -> TClientDataset ->
TDatasource -> TDBGrid

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll

thanks all
everything is working good now.

"Dave Nottage (TeamB)" <d...@removethis.b3.com.au>, haber iletisinde tunlary
yazdy:3c9b30c8_2@dnews...

> "Tufan" wrote:
> >      Now I can connect tables of mysql. But now a new error occured
> DBGrid
> > component. when I used it an error occured  "operation not allowed on
> > unidirectional dataset"

> You need to connect via a TDatasetProvider and a TClientDataset

> ie:

> TSQLConnection -> TSQLQuery -> TDatasetProvider -> TClientDataset ->
> TDatasource -> TDBGrid

> --
> Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll

Hi Albert,

Are you still encountering problems?  I have not been able to duplicate problems with regards to accessing only the first 10 fields with a "select *".

Thanks,

Marilyn

albert drent wrote:
> "Dave Nottage \(TeamB\)" <d...@removethis.b3.com.au> wrote:
> >"Tufan" wrote:
> >>    After changed dbExpress SQLTable1.active properties value to true,
> >I get
> >> an error "access violation at address ... in module dbexpmys.dll". I
> >can
> >> connect mysql database by using SQLConnection component of dbExpress.
> >> Are there anyone to help me to solve this problem?

> >Make sure you have Delphi 6 Update 2 installed and that your
> >dbxdrivers.ini points to dbexpmysql.dll for MySQL.

> >--
> >Dave Nottage (TeamB)

> I have patch 2 loaded and it still doesn't work. By the way, do you know that you can only use the first 10 fields of a table after a 'select *'???

> Albert Drent

Other Threads