Control Panel applets and Windows 2000 RC3

Anyone else developing a control panel applet for Windows 98 SE and
Windows 2000?

Currently, what I'm seeing is the following syntax works on Windows 98
SE:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mypanel.cpl,,5

This correctly selects page 5 of my control panel.

However, on Windows 2000 RC2 upwards, it simply fails to active the
control panel. In fact, I had to use:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mypanel.cpl,5

To get the applet to appear, and it doesn't select page 5.

Anyone know what's going on here? Is this a bug in Win2K?

Pete

Re:Control Panel applets and Windows 2000 RC3

Pete Goodwin wrote:
> Anyone else developing a control panel applet for Windows 98 SE and
> Windows 2000?

> Currently, what I'm seeing is the following syntax works on Windows 98
> SE:

> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mypanel.cpl,,5

> This correctly selects page 5 of my control panel.

> However, on Windows 2000 RC2 upwards, it simply fails to active the
> control panel. In fact, I had to use:

> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mypanel.cpl,5

> To get the applet to appear, and it doesn't select page 5.

> Anyone know what's going on here? Is this a bug in Win2K?

> Pete

Well, I tried using VC++ and Delphi without the new Control Panel extras
in V5. VC++ works fine, but Delphi doesn't. Checking further I found the
applet appears to die even before it starts.

Pete

Other Threads