datamodules (& MDI)

I am converting a database application from Delphi 1 to 4 and want to take
advantage of dataModules.
Note : The application is MDI .

My question is - can the scope of datamodule be local to the MDI child (and
linked forms) rather
than the whole application.

Paul Griffiths

6564

Re:datamodules (& MDI)

Only if you create a datamodule for every child form (create the DM in the
child form OnCreate and destroy it in the OnDestry).
However, it is far easier to put the datasets and datasources on the child
form itself and use the master DM to hold the session and database
components only.

"paul griffiths" <p...@griffiths.junglelink.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> I am converting a database application from Delphi 1 to 4 and want to take
> advantage of dataModules.
> Note : The application is MDI .

> My question is - can the scope of datamodule be local to the MDI child
(and
> linked forms) rather
> than the whole application.

> Paul Griffiths