Grid size on different monitors

I design the tdbgrids wide enough to avoid scrolling horizontally - but then
I discovered that the size was different on another monitor. Is there a way
to make the grid is drawn wide enough in code?

Thanks,
Tove

Re:Grid size on different monitors

Hello Tove,

What are the values of the Align and Anchors properties? What is the value
of the Position property of the form? Is the size of the parent window
(TForm, TPanel, TTabSheet) also different on the other monitor? Are desktop
fonts (large/small) the same?
Try to create persistent columns for the grid or even better persistent
fields for the dataset at design time.

--
Kind regards, Andrei Fomine, Quasidata.
DbAltGrid allows multi-line layout and RTF text in a DBGrid descendant.

"Tove" <tove.bjornb...@c2i.net> wrote in message

> I design the tdbgrids wide enough to avoid scrolling horizontally - but
then
> I discovered that the size was different on another monitor. Is there a
way
> to make the grid is drawn wide enough in code?

> Thanks,
> Tove

Re:Grid size on different monitors

Hello,

See FormatDateTime function.

--
 Andrei Fomine, Quasidata.
DbAltGrid allows multi-line layout and RTF text in a DBGrid descendant.
http://www.dbaltgrid.com/

"Tove" <tove.bjornb...@c2i.net> wrote in message

> I design the tdbgrids wide enough to avoid scrolling horizontally - but
then
> I discovered that the size was different on another monitor. Is there a
way
> to make the grid is drawn wide enough in code?

> Thanks,
> Tove

Re:Grid size on different monitors

Hello,

See FormatDateTime function.

--
 Andrei Fomine, Quasidata.
DbAltGrid allows multi-line layout and RTF text in a DBGrid descendant.
http://www.dbaltgrid.com/

"Tove" <tove.bjornb...@c2i.net> wrote in message

> I design the tdbgrids wide enough to avoid scrolling horizontally - but
then
> I discovered that the size was different on another monitor. Is there a
way
> to make the grid is drawn wide enough in code?

> Thanks,
> Tove

Re:Grid size on different monitors

Sorry, I have confused the thread.

--
 Andrei Fomine, Quasidata.

"Quasidata" <quasidataATdbaltgridDOTcom> wrote in message

> Hello,

> See FormatDateTime function.

Re:Grid size on different monitors

Rules for designing a form which looks ok on a machine set to large fonts.

1.  Set the form's Scaled property to true.

2.  Turn off the AutoScroll property of the form.  This causes Delphi to
scale the form size as well as scaling all its components.
(Bug - the DropDownWidth of a combo is not scaled.)

3.  Ensure that the main body of the form is contained in a scroll box,
unless it is a grid (which has its own scroll capability).
4.  Fonts are scaled to the nearest whole number, so leave a little slack
after text items or they might over-run the next component to the right.

--Bill Sparrow--
Member of the UK Borland User Group

Other Threads