Cannot print single record in QuickReport 3.0

I have a slight problem after upgrading to Delphi 5.0, I can nolonger print
a single record(like an envelope).

In D3.01 I put a QuickRep and a table on a form.  I set the table to an
alias, assign a tablename and set active to true.  I set the QuickRep
datasource to the table.  Next I place a QRDBText on the QuickRep and set
its datasource to table1 and set the datafield to a field in the table.
In the forms show event I preview the quickreport.  It shows one page with
the label and it's proper value.

If I do the same thing in D5 with QR3.0 I get no pages.  In fact the page
counter at the bottom says "page 1 of 0".  Am I missing something?

I used something similar in my app (two tables instead of one) to print
mailing addresses and return addresses on envelopes.  If someone knows how
to get this to happen I would appreciate their input.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

In advance, thanks to all,

Dale

Re:Cannot print single record in QuickReport 3.0

Be sure that you create a QReport List and not a QReport Master/slave.
Dale Tabbert wrote:
> I have a slight problem after upgrading to Delphi 5.0, I can nolonger print
> a single record(like an envelope).

> In D3.01 I put a QuickRep and a table on a form.  I set the table to an
> alias, assign a tablename and set active to true.  I set the QuickRep
> datasource to the table.  Next I place a QRDBText on the QuickRep and set
> its datasource to table1 and set the datafield to a field in the table.
> In the forms show event I preview the quickreport.  It shows one page with
> the label and it's proper value.

> If I do the same thing in D5 with QR3.0 I get no pages.  In fact the page
> counter at the bottom says "page 1 of 0".  Am I missing something?

> I used something similar in my app (two tables instead of one) to print
> mailing addresses and return addresses on envelopes.  If someone knows how
> to get this to happen I would appreciate their input.  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

> In advance, thanks to all,

> Dale

Re:Cannot print single record in QuickReport 3.0

Dumb question, but where do I determine if it is a list or master/slave.
I've looked and don't see it.  Was this something that was in QR2.0 but I
missed?

Thanks again,

Dale

David MAHIEU <dav...@mclever.com> wrote in message

> Be sure that you create a QReport List and not a QReport Master/slave.

> Dale Tabbert wrote:

> > I have a slight problem after upgrading to Delphi 5.0, I can nolonger
print
> > a single record(like an envelope).

> > In D3.01 I put a QuickRep and a table on a form.  I set the table to an
> > alias, assign a tablename and set active to true.  I set the QuickRep
> > datasource to the table.  Next I place a QRDBText on the QuickRep and
set
> > its datasource to table1 and set the datafield to a field in the table.
> > In the forms show event I preview the quickreport.  It shows one page
with
> > the label and it's proper value.

> > If I do the same thing in D5 with QR3.0 I get no pages.  In fact the
page
> > counter at the bottom says "page 1 of 0".  Am I missing something?

> > I used something similar in my app (two tables instead of one) to print
> > mailing addresses and return addresses on envelopes.  If someone knows
how
> > to get this to happen I would appreciate their input.  Any help is
greatly
> > appreciated.

> > In advance, thanks to all,

> > Dale

Re:Cannot print single record in QuickReport 3.0

Try this ..
set your Quickrep.Dataset to Table1 .. don't put the QRDBText in the
detailband, instead put it in a Titleband or PageHeaderBand.
Also set PrintEmpty to True.
See if this works
regs/angshu

Re:Cannot print single record in QuickReport 3.0

Thanks,
That was it.  I put it in a Title band (I had it in no band) and it prints
fine.  Thanks again

dale

angshu wrote in message <8m9b7u$c...@bornews.borland.com>...
>Try this ..
>set your Quickrep.Dataset to Table1 .. don't put the QRDBText in the
>detailband, instead put it in a Titleband or PageHeaderBand.
>Also set PrintEmpty to True.
>See if this works
>regs/angshu

Other Threads