Micro$oft Mouse Driver

I need the latest but I can't find it :(

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

Ok found it:

http://www.windrivers.com/scripts/drivers.asp?company=Microsoft

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

Pop wrote in message <36185f9e.17637...@news.ion.com.au>...
>I need the latest but I can't find it :(

Lucky you.... I'm looking for a mouse driver DIFFERENT from the Micro{*word*99}
driver... that is what   *I* can't seem to find ;)

Telemachos

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:12:56 +0200, "Telemachos" <t...@image.dk> wrote:

>Pop wrote in message <36185f9e.17637...@news.ion.com.au>...
>>I need the latest but I can't find it :(

>Lucky you.... I'm looking for a mouse driver DIFFERENT from the Micro{*word*99}
>driver... that is what   *I* can't seem to find ;)

There's Cute Mouse, written in Free DOS C. I found bugs in it and two
other drivers. Only the Micro$hite one worked 100% for me.

Why don't you want it?

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

>There's Cute Mouse, written in Free DOS C. I found bugs in it and two
>other drivers. Only the Micro$hite one worked 100% for me.

>Why don't you want it?

In DOS the microsoft driver moves my mouse 8 pixels at a time... (only in
VESA modes) in windows it works fine though....

Telemachos

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

In article: <Su4S1.343$Ve1.1059...@news010.image.dk>  "Telemachos" <t...@image.dk>
writes:

>Pop wrote in message <36185f9e.17637...@news.ion.com.au>...
>>I need the latest but I can't find it :(

>Lucky you.... I'm looking for a mouse driver DIFFERENT from the Micro{*word*99}
>driver... that is what   *I* can't seem to find ;)

>Telemachos

Try this Logitec site. Don't know if it's still a valid URL though.

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/TechSupport/MOUSE/m643_w31.exe

-- Jay

| Jason Burgon - author of Graphic Vision |
| g...@jayman.demon.co.uk                   |
| http://www.jayman.demon.co.uk           |

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

Telemachos wrote:
> In DOS the microsoft driver moves my mouse 8 pixels at a time... (only in
> VESA modes) in windows it works fine though....

From what I recall, I think this behavior is expected.  Whenever you change
modes, some internal control values are set according to what the driver
thinks it should be -- 8 is typical for text mode.  Are you resetting the
driver after you change modes?  If yes, you could try switching to mode 13h
(320x200x256), reset the mouse, then switch to VESA.  This should make the
increment value 1 pixel.  Of course, you'll also need to adjust the bounds of
the mouse.

> Telemachos

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

Scott Earnest wrote:
> Telemachos wrote:

> > In DOS the microsoft driver moves my mouse 8 pixels at a time... (only in
> > VESA modes) in windows it works fine though....

> From what I recall, I think this behavior is expected.  Whenever you change
> modes, some internal control values are set according to what the driver
> thinks it should be -- 8 is typical for text mode.  Are you resetting the
> driver after you change modes?  If yes, you could try switching to mode 13h
> (320x200x256), reset the mouse, then switch to VESA.  This should make the
> increment value 1 pixel.  Of course, you'll also need to adjust the bounds of
> the mouse.

Hey - nice idea... never thought of this trick... Thanx.. I'll try it out....

Telemachos

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

On Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:29:01 +0200, Kasper Fauerby

<u981...@daimi.aau.dk> wrote:
>Scott Earnest wrote:

>> Telemachos wrote:

>> > In DOS the microsoft driver moves my mouse 8 pixels at a time... (only in
>> > VESA modes) in windows it works fine though....

>> From what I recall, I think this behavior is expected.  Whenever you change
>> modes, some internal control values are set according to what the driver
>> thinks it should be -- 8 is typical for text mode.  Are you resetting the
>> driver after you change modes?  If yes, you could try switching to mode 13h
>> (320x200x256), reset the mouse, then switch to VESA.  This should make the
>> increment value 1 pixel.  Of course, you'll also need to adjust the bounds of
>> the mouse.

>Hey - nice idea... never thought of this trick... Thanx.. I'll try it out....

Int 33 subfunction F - Set Mouse Mickey/Pixel Ratio

Procedure SetMouseRatio(horiz_ratio, vert_ratio: word); assembler;
asm
 mov ax, 0Fh
 mov cx, horiz_ratio
 mov dx, vert_ratio
 int 33h
end;

ratio range: 1 - 32767

Would that work?

Re:Micro$oft Mouse Driver

>Int 33 subfunction F - Set Mouse Mickey/Pixel Ratio

>Would that work?

No..... because the function above does NOT change the resolution of the
movement of the mouse...
It changes the amount of mickey's (hmm.. or is than mickies??) to be moved
to move ONE unit on the screen..
In my case the result would be that I would have to move the mouse further
along the mouse pad to STILL move 8 pixels on the screen :)

Other Threads