Scroll Bars on DBGrids and CtrlGrids -- Why don't they work right?

Hey all,

  I was really hoping that D4 would have fixed this, but apparently the DBGrid
scrollbar still
does not work.  It seems the only positions available are Top, Bottom and
Middle.  And middle
is used once the focused line is no longer the top or bottom.  Anybody found a
way around
this?  The scroll bar component has increments and all the properties needed to
do this, but
the DBGrid does not.

  Also, after upgrading to D4 my CTRLgrids now has a horrible flicker effect
when scrolling
thru the records that was not there in D3.  Any ideas what might be causing
that?

  Please email me if you have any ideas...

  rastas1...@aol.com

Re:Scroll Bars on DBGrids and CtrlGrids -- Why don't they work right?

On tables that do not directly support record numbers that's all the
scrollbar CAN do.

Rastas1000 <rastas1...@aol.com> wrote in article
<1998071602244000.WAA08...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> Hey all,

>   I was really hoping that D4 would have fixed this, but apparently the
DBGrid
> scrollbar still
> does not work.  It seems the only positions available are Top, Bottom and
> Middle.  And middle
> is used once the focused line is no longer the top or bottom.  Anybody

found a

Re:Scroll Bars on DBGrids and CtrlGrids -- Why don't they work right?

  Well, that seems somewhat silly.  While I don't have record numbers in my
table, I know how many records there are with a simple SQL statement.  It seems
like I should be able to tell the component somehow what the record count is.

>On tables that do not directly support record numbers that's all the
>scrollbar CAN do.

>Rastas1000 <rastas1...@aol.com> wrote in article
><1998071602244000.WAA08...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>> Hey all,

>>   I was really hoping that D4 would have fixed this, but apparently the
>DBGrid
>> scrollbar still
>> does not work.  It seems the only positions available are Top, Bottom and
>> Middle.  And middle
>> is used once the focused line is no longer the top or bottom.  Anybody
>found a

Other Threads