Scaling for Different Monitor Configurations

I am working on a Delphi 1.0 application which may be deployed to a
variety of monitor configurations.  Some monitor drivers are 96 pixels
per inch, while others are 120 pixels per inch.  When I allow delphi to
automatically scale my application (by setting the forms scaled property
to true), it looks terrible.  The labels are truncated (not scaled),
combo boxes and regular edit boxes are scaled to different sizes, etc.

Does anyone have a good solution for handling this type of problem?  If
I do not scale my forms, the application looks a lot better, but some
controls which were previously aligned together now have spacing
problems, or are misaligned.

thanks in advance for your help.

Paul :-O

Re:Scaling for Different Monitor Configurations

Paul Keegstra <pakeg...@miso.wwa.com> wrote:
>I am working on a Delphi 1.0 application which may be deployed to a
>variety of monitor configurations.  Some monitor drivers are 96 pixels
>per inch, while others are 120 pixels per inch.  When I allow delphi to
>automatically scale my application (by setting the forms scaled property
>to true), it looks terrible.  The labels are truncated (not scaled),
>combo boxes and regular edit boxes are scaled to different sizes, etc.

>Does anyone have a good solution for handling this type of problem?  If
>I do not scale my forms, the application looks a lot better, but some
>controls which were previously aligned together now have spacing
>problems, or are misaligned.

Attach code to your form.onrezise handler, and let it figure it out.
It's a lot of work, though!

Other Threads