Sending files ?

I have 2 applications, server and client app. I want to implement
sending and receiving files ower connection. Client has 2 parts. First
is "sending-receiving files" part and second is sending messages to
server which responds back with results of message.
My question is what do i need to add to project to be able sending-
receiving files, and when sending is started, can i send messages? or
do i have to wait until sending-receiving is finished?
I wrote the part with messages-functions, but i am not clear with
file-stream operations.
Is someone can explain to me how can i do that, it would be great.
Components used are TClientSocket and TServerSocket,
Some working code would be nice.

Thank you,
Anel

Re:Sending files ?

Dont know about  TClientSocket and TServerSocket ... I would think if you
wish to then you can do it by just writing multiple threads for the
different things. Otherwise you can use Indy for this - there are many demo
examples showing what you are trying to do.

/A.

"Free Agent User" <pa...@linux.ba> wrote in message

> I have 2 applications, server and client app. I want to implement
> sending and receiving files ower connection. Client has 2 parts. First
> is "sending-receiving files" part and second is sending messages to
> server which responds back with results of message.
> My question is what do i need to add to project to be able sending-
> receiving files, and when sending is started, can i send messages? or
> do i have to wait until sending-receiving is finished?
> I wrote the part with messages-functions, but i am not clear with
> file-stream operations.
> Is someone can explain to me how can i do that, it would be great.
> Components used are TClientSocket and TServerSocket,
> Some working code would be nice.

> Thank you,
> Anel

Other Threads