Oracle Stored Procedure Error (That's a problem with NT workstation)

Hello folks,

I getting a unknown problem with a Delphi 4.0 application and Oracle 8.0.
Here, at the office i getting no trouble, every execs just fine. But when at
my client office everything go down.

Here's my problem:

When i exec my application, it's run with no problems and with connect at
oracle, too. But when the app call any Stored Procedure i get the error
message: "ORA-06502: Numeric or value error", or something like this.
My SP has 4 params.... 1 NUMBER and 3 VARCHAR2.

My BDE settings are ok (ENABLE BCD and ENABLE INTEGERS with TRUE).

In a test, i noticed that when i set my Paramtype to INTEGER its works just
fine, but when i set it to BCD i get this error message.

Well, i can solve this problem doing the above, but i would like to know why
my app runs here at office, but at my client no. What i need to do, pray?
:O)

My client software: Windows NT Workstation , Oracle Client 7.0 or 8.05,
Delphi 5.0 BDE with no service pack.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Fabiano
S?o Paulo, SP

Re:Oracle Stored Procedure Error (That's a problem with NT workstation)

Hi !

  In general, this error occurs, then you are trying to assign
value to variable and they are data type incompatible. You can
check in SQL Monitor, how BDE transfers parameters during call
of stored procedure. May be You will find something wrong.

  For future help, could You say:
- what version of Oracle client software, BDE You have at your
  office and client office.
- BDE settings at your office and client office.
- exact declaration of stored procedure.
- example of it call, that runs fine at your office and give
  error at client office.

  Also, give versions in next format:
1) Oracle software - x.x.x.x.x, for example - 8.0.4.3.7
2) BDE - x.x.x, for example - 5.0.1

Regards,
Dmitry

"Sisinvest Com. Equip. Sist. Ltda" wrote:

> Hello folks,

> I getting a unknown problem with a Delphi 4.0 application and Oracle 8.0.
> Here, at the office i getting no trouble, every execs just fine. But when at
> my client office everything go down.

> Here's my problem:

> When i exec my application, it's run with no problems and with connect at
> oracle, too. But when the app call any Stored Procedure i get the error
> message: "ORA-06502: Numeric or value error", or something like this.
> My SP has 4 params.... 1 NUMBER and 3 VARCHAR2.

> My BDE settings are ok (ENABLE BCD and ENABLE INTEGERS with TRUE).

> In a test, i noticed that when i set my Paramtype to INTEGER its works just
> fine, but when i set it to BCD i get this error message.

> Well, i can solve this problem doing the above, but i would like to know why
> my app runs here at office, but at my client no. What i need to do, pray?
> :O)

> My client software: Windows NT Workstation , Oracle Client 7.0 or 8.05,
> Delphi 5.0 BDE with no service pack.

> Thanks a lot!!!!!

> Fabiano
> S?o Paulo, SP

Dmitry L. Arefiev, Software Engineer, InThink Corporation, AZ
Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access

ICQ: 50741007
EMail: dmit...@inthink.com
WWW: http://www.ncom.ru/diman/index.html

Other Threads