Sybase table naming ?, Table not found!

I can access our Sybase database with DbExplorer and see the tables, but
when my App tries, it gets "<TableName> not found, use
'Owner.Objectname' or use sp_help to check weithe...". We tried
prepending 'DBo.' to each table name but it still can't find the tables.

What is the special thing you need to do to the table name to open
Sybase tables ???

Later,
Paul

Re:Sybase table naming ?, Table not found!

Paul,

the tablenames of the Sybase SQL Server are case sensitive. So try to write
the tablenames only in UPPERCASE.

HTH,

J. Bauer
Bau...@bauer-software.de

"Junel" <camilla.ju...@t-online.de> wrote:
>Paul,

>the tablenames of the Sybase SQL Server are case sensitive. So try to write
>the tablenames only in UPPERCASE.

They're only case-sensitive if case-sensitivity is enabled on the server.
Paul, if this is your problem you can change the 'sort order' in Server Config
to fix this.
Patrick Bennett
Acraline Products, Inc.
 pbenn...@acraline.com