SQL SERVER 6.5 and RequestLive

 Hallo, would you like listen this question ?

   If I use Db Explorer 3 or Delphi 3 with Sql Server Database,
   and I set RequestLive Queries option on true,
   my query, a easy query too, with WHERE statement,
   return BDE error 8712 ('Could not find object').

   Example of my query :      SELECT * FROM Tabella WHERE x < 50

Thank you
   Best regards.

Maggioli Informatica, Samuele

mi.ssavore...@maggioli.it

Re:SQL SERVER 6.5 and RequestLive

The problem with tables being prefixed by dbo is because you are logging in
with the default login 'sa'. What you need to do is create a new login say
'test' and grant them access to the database with an alias of 'dbo'. The
next time you login using the login 'test' the prefix 'dbo' will be removed
and you will see all of the indexes.

Clint Good <cli...@vipnet.com.au> wrote in article
<3468C0E7.20304...@vipnet.com.au>...

> Hi Maggioli

> I find that somtimes SQL Server connectivity through the BDE is fussy
> about whether or not you qualify the name of the table (with dbo.) The
> version of the BDE I have 3.0 can't find table indexes etc unless you
> have this as the object name.

Re:SQL SERVER 6.5 and RequestLive

Hi Maggioli

I find that somtimes SQL Server connectivity through the BDE is fussy
about whether or not you qualify the name of the table (with dbo.) The
version of the BDE I have 3.0 can't find table indexes etc unless you
have this as the object name.

How do you go if you have as your query

Select *
From dbo.Tabella
Where x < 50

HTH
Regards
Clint.

Re:SQL SERVER 6.5 and RequestLive

In article <01bcedf8$c048cc80$19a09384@savoretti>, Maggioli
<mi.ssavore...@maggioli.it> writes

> Hallo, would you like listen this question ?

>   If I use Db Explorer 3 or Delphi 3 with Sql Server Database,
>   and I set RequestLive Queries option on true,
>   my query, a easy query too, with WHERE statement,
>   return BDE error 8712 ('Could not find object').

>   Example of my query :      SELECT * FROM Tabella WHERE x < 50

>Thank you
>   Best regards.

>Maggioli Informatica, Samuele

>mi.ssavore...@maggioli.it

I have had this problem too. The Database Explorer (but not D3) seems to
be case sensitive (try TABELLA). Another problem might be that you have
ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=ON. This will cause such an error if the table is
new.

--
Tony Lavelle, Hyrax Computer Systems Ltd, UK
Tel +44 181 464 8417    mailto:t...@hyrax.demon.co.uk

Other Threads