Installing dcu

We downloaded a demo component that came with the dcu and dpr files to
install. When we try to install it, it keeps looking for the pas file.
Is this because we are using D5 and this dcu could have been compiled
with an earlier version of  Delphi.

Thanks

Re:Installing dcu

Jeff wrote:

> We downloaded a demo component that came with the dcu and dpr files to
> install. When we try to install it, it keeps looking for the pas file.
> Is this because we are using D5 and this dcu could have been compiled
> with an earlier version of  Delphi.

Yes this is the reason.  The DCU format is documented to be compiler version
dependent.  If Delphi finds a dcu that is not the correct format it tries to
find the pas file to compile for you and gives the error message that it can not
find this pas file.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Re:Installing dcu

Jeff:

Do you know where a High Resolution timer component can be found?

Thanks

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:
> Jeff wrote:

> > We downloaded a demo component that came with the dcu and dpr files to
> > install. When we try to install it, it keeps looking for the pas file.
> > Is this because we are using D5 and this dcu could have been compiled
> > with an earlier version of  Delphi.

> Yes this is the reason.  The DCU format is documented to be compiler version
> dependent.  If Delphi finds a dcu that is not the correct format it tries to
> find the pas file to compile for you and gives the error message that it can not
> find this pas file.

> > Thanks

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
> (Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail
>  me directly unless     | Failure isn't about falling down
>  asked.  Thank You)     | Failure is staying down (Marillion)

Other Threads