property TQuery.RecNo always return -1

Hi,

I need to know the position of the current record in the TQuery. When I use
the property "Query1.RecNo" it allways returns "-1". What's the problem?

Re:property TQuery.RecNo always return -1

Are you using a c/s database? these do not return a record number.
Only Paradox and dBase files support this property. There are ways to
workaround this. What are you trying to do?

HTH,
Dan

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:03:38 +0100, "Marco LIS-IPN"

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com