dbgrid col width controls field display width - how ?

Dear All

I have an app with a Paradox table shown in a grid.  I am trying to up
a report format using the DisplayWidth's of the table fields to control
the layout.

I notice that if I modify the column widths of the grid by dragging the
col header separator, the value of DisplayWidth varies.

This is really clever and useful ...
but I now want to to the same thing in another app, and I cannot get
it to work.
I must have done something in the original app to make this work, but
I cannot remember or determine what.

Any hints gratefully recieved.

John

John S Robinson                              Tel:   +44-1904-433833
University of York Computing Service         Fax:   +44-1904-433740
Heslington, YORK.  YO10 5DD                  email: j...@york.ac.uk
www-users.york.ac.uk/~jsr1   -  but I wouldn't bother if I were you

Re:dbgrid col width controls field display width - how ?

OK - I see what I had sone.  I had an RX FormStorage thingy
which I had set to save the DBGRid Columns.  If I disdable this, it
does the clever thing.

John

jsr1 wrote:
> Any hints gratefully recieved.

 Table1.FieldByName('Fornamn').DisplayWidth := 15

--
With licence to ask ...
Heime-sida mi : Nye ?l bygdebok (local genealogy):

Other Threads