Screen.Cursor problems with DLL's

Hi everyone,
I'm experiencing some problems while changing the cursor within a
application which invokes some functions in a DLL.

Before calling the function I change the cursor as follows:

Screen.Cursor := crHourGlass;
FunctioninDLL; {I call a function in a DLL}
Screen.Cursor := crDefault;

Well, while running the application it changes the cursor for a
millisecond and change to crDefault as soon as the system calls the
remote function.
I would like to know whether or not it's possible to have the cursor
changed as I want while the remote DLL function is running.

Thanks in advance
Jorge Quirs
e-mail: jqui...@unex.es

Re:Screen.Cursor problems with DLL's

Jorge Quirs Rosado wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm experiencing some problems while changing the cursor within a
> application which invokes some functions in a DLL.

> Before calling the function I change the cursor as follows:

> Screen.Cursor := crHourGlass;
> FunctioninDLL; {I call a function in a DLL}
> Screen.Cursor := crDefault;

> Well, while running the application it changes the cursor for a
> millisecond and change to crDefault as soon as the system calls the
> remote function.
> I would like to know whether or not it's possible to have the cursor
> changed as I want while the remote DLL function is running.

Very possibly the DLL has its own instance of a Screen object which, of
course, does not reflect your cursor assignment.  You may need to
provide a function entry-point in that DLL which tells it what cursor
shape to use.

Other Threads